BA, BSc, PGDip, MBACP.
I offer a safe, friendly and confidential environment where you can discuss any difficulties that affect your emotional well-being.
I am an integrative counsellor. Within my work, I incorporate the psychological theories of Person Centred, Psycho-dynamic and CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy). I will use a combination of these therapies to suit your needs.
Counselling is not an advice service but a talking therapy that enables you to understand your feelings, emotions and thought patterns in an impartial and non-judgmental environment. Sharing and understanding your feelings will promote a sense of well-being and reduce tension. This process will enable you to put your issues into perspective and help you to address them.
Counselling can help you cope with: abuse, anger, anxiety, bereavement, bullying, family issues, low confidence, miscarriage, panic attacks, relationship problems, stress, self-harm, sexual problems, divorce, and work related stress.
My Qualifications and experience
- I have a BSc (hons) in Psychology and a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy Practice.
- For my professional development, I am presently completing a Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) with the Institute of Counselling.
- I am an experienced counsellor and have counselled within the charity sector for over 2 years.
- I have full Professional Civil Liability insurance.
- I am a member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists) and adhere to the organisation’s Code of Ethics.
- I work Monday to Saturdays, days and evenings
- I offer one to one counselling
- Appointments to be made by mutual agreement
- Each session will last between 50 minutes and 1 hour
- The number of sessions will depend upon your situation and requirements.
- All information is anonymous and confidential
- £15 for the initial assessment
- £40 for each subsequent session
- £25 reduced rate for pensioners